From 15 March 2022, travellers visiting Greece are no longer required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
However, a simplified PLF remains in operation, the completion of which is OPTIONAL, for the sole purpose of enabling the traveller / family to issue an EU Certificate of negative or positive COVID-19 test result.
Travellers, who decide to fill out the simplified form, will receive the PLF with their unique Quick Response (QR) code via email (the QR code will be provided in a link in the email).
The PLF can also be found on the Visit Greece app and at https://travel.gov.gr/#/ It is strongly recommended that all visitors download the Visit Greece app (GDPR compliant) for free, prior to their arrival in Greece.
Upon completion you will be emailed a copy of your form. A unique QR code will be delivered the night before your flight (c.22:00hrs).
Please ensure that you have completed this questionnaire (Passenger Locator Form) in the timeframe mentioned. It is your responsibility to do so as will be any costs incurred for new flight tickets and amendments to your travel plans should the form not be submitted. Airlines are denying boarding to those who fail to provide evidence of their submission and their unique QR code.
The questionnaire (Passenger Locator Form) cannot be completed on the day of your flight.
- Airline name
- Flight number (this can include 2 or 3 letters before the number)
- Date of arrival
- Point of entry
- Last (family) name
- First (given) name
- ID/Passport number
- Mobile number (you can use the same mobile number for all applications)
- Other contact numbers
- Email address (you can use the same email address for all applications)
- Permanent address: House name/number, Street, City, County, Postcode
- Temporary address (Sunvil accommodation): House name/number, Street, City, Country, Postcode
- Emergency contact details – next of kin: Last (family) name, First (given) name, Country, City, Mobile phone number, Email address